Bahrain followed the proverb that says it was silent forever and uttered oppressively, by announcing its rejection of any reconciliation with Qatar, in response to Kuwait’s announcement of a close agreement to resolve the Gulf crisis, days after its silence on media reports in this regard.
In a statement, the Bahraini House of Representatives claimed that the Qatari Coast Guard violated the rights of Bahraini fishermen and sailors while they were practicing the profession of fishing in different areas of the territorial waters of the Kingdom of Bahrain, adding: “The House of Representatives does not recommend reconciliation with the State of Qatar before resolving these issues by negotiation, and until they return Things will go back to normal, to preserve the rights of the fishermen. ”
The Bahraini Parliament said that reconciliation with Qatar cannot be achieved before some issues are resolved through negotiation, as these statements came after Doha stopped a violating Bahraini cruiser within the borders of Qatar’s territorial waters.
The council called for everyone to adhere to the Basic Law of the Cooperation Council, and to “the Riyadh Agreement signed by the Gulf states, including the State of Qatar, in order to preserve the cohesion of the Cooperation Council, which preserves the rights of all signatories.”
On December 12, Qatar announced the suspension of one of its patrols of a Bahraini marine cruiser inside the Qatari territorial waters, as part of its regular surveillance and protection activities.
The Qatari Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated in a statement on “Twitter” that one Bahraini and others who had the nationality of an Asian country were arrested. While they were fishing in the “Fasht Al-Dibal” area within Qatari waters, at 1.3 nautical miles.
The statements of the Bahraini parliament are contrary to the positive moves to solve the Gulf crisis, which is the first official position, despite the passage of about half a month since Kuwait announced that a solution had been reached to end the Gulf crisis between Qatar and the boycotting countries (Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt).
On December 4, 2020, the Kuwaiti Minister of Foreign Affairs and Information, Sheikh Ahmed Nasser Al-Muhammad Al-Sabah, announced that fruitful talks would be held within the framework of mediation efforts aimed at ending the Gulf crisis.
On the fifth of the same month, the Emir of Kuwait expressed his happiness with the agreement “to resolve the dispute between brothers, and to ensure Gulf and Arab solidarity.”
After that, the State of Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the Sultanate of Oman, in addition to the Gulf Cooperation Council, welcomed the statement, and thanked the State of Kuwait for its efforts to resolve the crisis, while the UAE and Egypt were delayed about 4 days to welcome Kuwait’s announcement, amid Bahraini neglect.
The four countries (Saudi Arabia, the Emirates, Bahrain, and Egypt) announced, in June 2017, that they would sever their relations with Qatar and impose a blockade on it, and set 13 conditions for retreating from its measures, while Doha confirmed on more than one occasion that it rejected everything that affects its national sovereignty and the independence of its decision, confirming At the same time, it is ready for dialogue without preconditions.