The cabinet reshuffle was programmed for today, Monday, January 11, however Prime minister Hichem Mecchichi would have delayed it till tomorrow while he consults with parties.
According to the same source, the reshuffle will interest 10 portfolios and Mechichi’s new cabinet will include:
- Ministry of Justice: Youssef Zouaghi, current DG of Customs
- Interior ministry: Walid Dhahbi or Rached Hersi
- Regional and International Development:Khaled Gaddour
- Agriculture ministry: Oussama Khriji
- Ministry of Industry, Energy and Mines: Ridha Ben Mosbah or Mongi Marzouk
- Minstry of State Domains: Abellatif Missaoui
- Ministry of Employment: Rached ben Ramdhane
- Ministry of Environment and sustainable development: Chiheb ben Ahmed
- Minstry of sports: Adel Idrissi
- Ministry of Health: Hechmi Louzir declined, Research in progress.
The shift in the position of Qalb Tunis may further delay the disclosure of the reshuffle: time to secure the 109 votes that will support this new government.