“The blatant Turkish interference in Libyan affairs and its support for extremists and militias from 2014 until today have failed all attempts to reach a peaceful political solution to the Libyan crisis,” said the Libyan National Army spokesman, Ahmed al-Mismari.
Al-Mismari confirmed that “the presidential council is no longer a presidential council, and the same applies to the government of national accord, which did not obtain the approval of the House of Representatives elected from the Libyan people.”
In a press conference on Thursday, Al-Mismari reviewed “Turkey’s support for Tripoli’s militias with a flood of weapons and thousands of mercenaries,” expressing “his surprise at the United Nations’ failure to condemn Turkish interventions in Libya.”
He added that the House of Representatives is the only party authorized to agree to any agreements, and had previously rejected the agreement to define the maritime borders signed by Fayez al-Sarraj with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan.
Regarding the humanitarian truce proposed by the Libyan National Army, Al-Mismari said that “the other side rejected the humanitarian truce that was offered during Ramadan, and continued its attacks.”
“We are fighting against terrorism, for peace and security, and for protecting our country from collapse after Turkish intervention,” the spokesman for the Libyan National Army said.